Senior Operations Analyst - Electronic warfare
BAE Systems is seeking an Operational Analyst to develop next generation capabilities for tomorrow's advanced aircraft. Our analysts are members of cross-functional, multi-disciplined teams focused on developing cost-effective systems that protect our Warfighters. Capabilities involve assessment of integrated Electronic Warfare (EW) systems including Electronic Attack (EA), Electronic Protection (EP) and Electronic Support (ES) for RF sensing, detection, identification, geolocation, and jamming; infrared (IR) imaging, guidance, survivability and targeting; C4ISR for actionable intelligence including SIGINT, EO/IR, Multi-INT, and hyperspectral solutions; and information technologies including fusion and dynamic mission battle management.
The qualified analyst will collaborate with design teams assessing threats, developing and quantifying operational level systems requirements, developing operational systems concepts, and assessing mission effectiveness in simulated environments. The analyst will perform operational analysis studies using a wide variety of DoD, existing and self-developed modeling & simulation tools.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Perform mission simulation using AFSIM, Suppressor, BRAWLER, and STK to determine mission effectiveness
- Perform engagement simulation using TMAP, ESAMS, MATLAB, Simulink and other tools
- Perform modeling and simulation studies that optimize mission performance for weapon systems across the air, land, sea, and cyber domains
- Develop and apply advanced software and systems methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation, analysis and solution of complex and advanced technical problems.
- Use, develop, and modifying tools to support:
- Data analysis of simulation or flight test results
- Requirements analysis
- Visualization of battlespace, mission and engagement
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Operations Research, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science
- The candidate will have critical thinking skills that will be exercised across multiple levels of detail.
- The candidate should enjoy problem solving and have the ability to produce concrete results despite significant ambiguities in the problem space.
- Experience developing and using analysis tools such as MATLAB, Python, VBA, C/C++, or similar tools is required.
- Experience using tools such as AFSIM, Suppressor, JIMM, BRAWLER, STK, TMAP, ESAMS, EADSIM, or EWIR.
- Experience using tools such as AFSIM, Suppressor, JIMM, BRAWLER, STK, TMAP, ESAMS, EADSIM, or EWIR is a plus.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top