Senior Network Engineer
The Network Engineer work involves oversight and technical direction of system-wide issues requiring advanced levels of understanding of network theory and the specific enterprise network architecture; establishing overall strategic network standards and priorities; providing the highest level of technical guidance and direction in the design and implementation of network solutions; analyzing the optimization of network systems performance; overseeing the strategic interface of network systems configuration; using and incorporating broad technical knowledge of the diverse business areas within the enterprise in the assessment of network engineering technologies, computing systems hardware and software protocols. Additionally, positions provide high-level technical advice and guidance to managers and technical resources on which network technologies can be utilized to meet current and future organizational needs. All work is completed on a cross-functional Development/O&S Team utilizing the Scrum framework, Agile engineering and DevOps processes.
Candidates will work on a Team comprised of fellow Network Engineers, a Systems Integrator, Systems Administrators, Software Developers and Software Testers who utilized traditional project management techniques, such as PMP methodologies, and widely accepted software management frameworks, such as Scrum and Agile, to complete new IT projects and maintain existing infrastructure.
Candidates will be responsible for the monitoring and support of Network Infrastructure & Virtual Server Environments which include: (Network Infrastructure: Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls, & VPN's) and (Server Environment: HP Servers, Storage Area Networks, & VMware). Applicants should be able to trouble shoot, install, Implement and administer network systems. Candidates will ensure planned testing activities are executed, develop network security guidelines and configure Cisco IOS equipment including routers, switches and firewalls. Network Monitoring will include analyzing network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors. Candidate may be required to recommend network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance. Knowledge of Enterprise system monitoring and management tools such as What's Up Gold, HP remote server management, and Vmware tools. Responsible for network hardware installation, moves, & uninstalls including servers, switches, routers, firewalls, KVMs, SANS, UPS, & Network Racks in Production & LAB environments.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Candidate must have an Active Intel Clearance with a Polygraph, will not be considered without it.
- An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to eighteen (18) months specialize experience.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to three (3) years specialized experience.
- A Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience.
- Relevant industry accepted certifications will be considered equivalent to three (3) months of specialized experience.
- Candidates should have 5-8 years experience with each required tool/system and 3-5 years experience with the recommended tool/systems.
- Protocols: OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, IGRP, ISIS, RIP RIPv2, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IPX/SPX, Ether
- Software & Tools: MS Windows Server, MS SQL Server, Linux, UNIX, Cisco IOS, IOS XR, Juniper JUNOS, Wireshark, VMware
- Certifications: Cisco (CCNA - Routing, Switching & Security)
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top