Senior Network Administrator
Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. AtBAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providingcustomers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software developmentand virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world asafer place. We’re ready for any challenge – are you game? Join us and learnwhat Inspired Work is all about.
The Network Administrator (Senior) will administer and support data center and private cloud networking that scales to global locations. This position supports the design and deployment of a complex transcontinental private network running over several external network providers, and integrating with multiple legacy networks. The Network Administrator (Senior) is responsible for ensuring the network is properly configured, performs day-to-day operations monitoring and integration efforts with customer networks. This system is highly available, with multiple paths, fail over routes, and classes of communications, ranging from VDI to legacy voice.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement, document, and test networking components and VLANs to support data, voice, video and unified communications that scales to several sites worldwide.
- Provide troubleshooting escalation support to operations team
- Configure and support voice gateways and session border controllers
- Integrate multiple voice and video technologies and troubleshoot and isolate issues
Perform on-site diagnostics and network integration with legacy network providers Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education · Experience with network services and architecture ( BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN,
WLAN, VPN, VLAN, VRF, etc ).
- Experience managing and maintaining network infrastructure (Cisco, Force10, etc)
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server 2012R2 and Linux ( Redhat, CentOS )
- Experience with VoIP (Skype for Business, Cisco Call Manager)
- Experience with Virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, Vmware ESXi, KVM)
- Experience in heterogeneous computing environments
- Excellent communication skills.
Required education: Bachelor Degree
- Candidates should have an excellent technical background
- 8-10 years of experience
- Ability to implement and manage VoIP solutions
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Expertise with Hyper-V and VMWare virtual networking fabric implementations
- In-depth knowledge of MPLS, Frame Relay, OC-192 and above, SONET
- Solid understanding of EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP
- Extensive knowledge of Spanning Tree, VLAN’s, VTP, Trunking protocols
- Proficient at troubleshooting L2/L3 issues
Extensive experience with Cisco and Force10 routers, switches Preferred Skills and Education · Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- CCNA or any fundamental network equivalent
- Strong background in voice gateways and session border controllers
- Excellent understanding of wireless systems
- Experienced with WAN optimization devices
- Knowledge of load balancing devices
- Experience with Wireshark and other advanced troubleshooting tools
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top