Senior MMIC Design Engineer
- Nashua, NH
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
BAE is seeking a Senior MMIC Design Engineer in our Nashua, NH location.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you! We are currently seeking a Senior MMIC Design Engineer.
This individual will work in a multi-disciplinary engineering team environment with other engineers to parse out and negotiate requirements, specify and develop custom or semi-custom devices and determine appropriate technologies to apply. Additional responsibilities include working with inside and outside suppliers, as well as internal manufacturing to assure designs are producible.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform microwave monolithic circuit designs for multi-function RF / microwave circuits including GaN HEMT devices for power amplifier applications and PHEMT devices for wideband microwave module applications.
- Work with system engineers to develop chip requirements and perform trade studies, detailed analysis and yield predictions.
- Perform RF testing/evaluation in various technologies, including PHEMT, and GaN HEMT, combination of MMIC and discrete active/passive device application to solve various microwave hardware requirements.
- Develop concepts for innovative cost effective designs.
Required Skills and Education
- U.S. Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain/maintain a security clearance
- Experience in microwave / RF design
- Chip-level electronics and thermal/packaging knowledge
- Ability to develop requirements
- Experience with all types of RF/microwave device technologies, analog and microwave
- Highly proficient at using standard high frequency design tools (ADS, AWR, Sonnet, HFSS, etc.)
- Bachelors degree and 4+ years related experience or Masters degree and 2+ years experience
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top