Senior Microsoft BI Developer
The BAE Systems Electronic Solutions require a Microsoft BI Developer for its BI program located in Nashua, NH. The successful candidate will be responsible for applications planning, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining MS BI infrastructure and MS BI artifacts – Dashboard and reports. This position will be responsible for working with the customer to define requirements, analyze business and technical processes in order to design application functionality that will be accessible by internal customers from various facilities across the United States. The candidate must be a self-starter and work well with others and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
This successful candidate applies extensive technical expertise, and has deep knowledge of Databases and Data Warehousing and develops technical solutions to complex problems which require regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Work will be done without appreciable direction and will require interaction with senior personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education 1. Work with current Microsoft technologies using .NET Framework, Visual Studio, Windows Server and SQL Server and Microsoft Azure
2. 3+ years of experience working with Microsoft BI Stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS) and 2 + years of experience working with related Microsoft tools (PowerPivot, PowerBI and SharePoint services (formerly known as Performance Point))
3. Experience with Microsoft Analytics Platform System (APS)
4. Design and build scalable infrastructure and platform for very large amounts of data ingestion, aggregation, integration and advanced analytics in Hadoop
5. Experience with one of the Big Data distributions (Cloudera,Hortonworks,HDInsight)
6. Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of Application Architecture – design of the applications that are used across the enterprise such that the overall application portfolio operates in a simplified, scalable, and reliable manner
7. Data Modeling
8. Data Warehousing Experience
9. Dashboard Development experience
10. SQL, MS T-SQL and Oracle PL/SQL,
11. Multi-Dimensional and Tabular Model development including knowledge of MDX and DAX (SSAS – SQL Server Analysis Services)
12. Database & Query Performance Tuning and Optimization Skills
13. Experience with Performing gap analysis and, identifying, developing and implementing process improvements
Required Functional Skills
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to new technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work without appreciable direction producing consistently exceptional work
- Proven ability to develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
- Ability to listen, understand, interpret and document end-customer requirements
- Ability to create functional and technical specs and end-user documentation
- Flexibility in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work non-standard hours when required
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high-stress environment
- Ability to work with people and exhibit exceptional interpersonal, social, practical and diplomatic skills
- Knowledge of IT SDLC (System Development Life Cycle)
- Ability to build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization
- “Can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful
Preferred Skills and Education Knowledge of Oracle Database Data Mining.
Data Analytics skills.
Experience with Master Data Management and Data Archiving.
Power Shell Scripting experience. About BAE Systems, Inc. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top