Senior Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer
Responds to manufacturing shop floor issues and seeks to resolve issues in cooperation with Operations and Manufacturing Engineering. Troubleshoots problems with welding, machining, testing, and inspection as well as supports the investigation of issues with suppliers and subcontractors. Presents results of investigations and provides solutions of technical issues to our Government customer to gain approval and resolution of manufacturing activities. Creates concepts and design modifications to assemblies and components for product and manufacturing improvements and provides technical documentation to gain customer approval. Documents customer information and recurring technical issues to support product quality programs and product development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise in the resolution of issues with product design or manufacturing problems. Modify existing designs by analyzing and interpreting engineering drawings, documentation, and/or test results.
- Ensure designs and solutions meet engineering standards, military specifications, product requirements and good engineering practices.
- Support configuration management activities related to the design, development, and production of complex systems and equipment.
- Assist with ensuring application of processes are in accordance with company and customer plans.
- Performs basic engineering design, development, analysis, experimentation, test, and product assurance tasks of limited complexity for assigned portions of a project. Ensures tasks meet cost, quality, schedule, and performance requirements.
- Applies basic engineering design, analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to a technical project.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
B.S. Engineering degree in a relevant technical discipline and experience in mechanical systems or manufacturing issue resolution.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a manufacturing or similar environment.
- Analytical ability to identify, define, interpret, and solve engineering, manufacturing, test, and quality problems.
- Strong communication skills to assist with leading a project team, present technical results, and interface with internal and external customers to solve problems.
- Substantial innovation to develop creative technical solutions to complex engineering, manufacturing and test problems.
- Ability to utilize computer aided design software such as Creo Parametric to review and analyze drawings.
- Experience with manufacturing processes.
- -Familiarity with relevant military and commercial design standards.
- Training in MRB activities is a plus
- Certain positions may require the ability to obtain appropriate Security Clearance.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top