Senior Mechanical Engineer
This position is for a mechanical engineer role in the Hardware Engineering Group supporting the SIGINT, SOCOM, and Maritime Product Realization Groups. Typical job duties will include the following.
1. Perform mechanical design of sensor systems. Design, develop, and select basic hardware components utilizing fundamental mechanical engineering principles, theories and techniques. Assigned duties may include design and development of specific packaging modules, mechanisms or components to meet specified design requirements.
2. Perform Mechanical Analyses. Perform basic static, dynamic, heat transfer, and vibration/response analyses of mechanical structures. Coordinate complex analysis tasks with the Mechanical Analysis Capabilities Group.
3. Support Verification/Validation of Design. Support the fabrication and environmental testing of design hardware. Assist in the design and fabrication of prototype hardware. Support the environmental testing of hardware including: vibration, shock, thermal, fatigue and others as required.
4. Prepare Documentation. Generate and review the technical content of drawings, engineering specifications, reports and other documentation associated with the mechanical design.
5. Support Continuous Improvement. Acquire a working knowledge of ES Quality System and the Mechanical Design Process. Acquire up-to-date knowledge of developments in mechanical engineering disciplines.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – 5+ years experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years experience with a Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field Preferred Skills and Education – 3D Modeling; CREO Parametric
- ANSYS About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top