Senior Mechanical Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a Mechanical Engineer with 5-10 year experience to work in Nashua, NH.
Do you want to be part of a team creating cutting edge, disruptive technologies that enable our military systems to protect our warfighters on land, at sea and in the air? This is the mission of BAE Systems: "We protect those who protect us." Are you a leader who will take on that challenge?
BAE Systems offers competitive pay, benefits, and important work-life balance initiatives including every other Friday Off, Flextime, and Telecommuting. BAE also believes in a culture of recognition for the extraordinary contributions of our skilled employees.
This position is for a Mechanical Engineer with 5-10 year experience. The candidate shall have experience viewing and manipulating solid models (Pro-E CREO preferred) and have a proven capability in applying Mechanical principles within the design and review process with demonstrated creativity.
Other Role Requirements
- A familiarity with a comprehensive design process is required including conceptual development, physical design, support to procurement, work hands-on with assembly personnel, engineering test, debug, integration and support of product qualification.
- The candidate should possess an understanding in the application of heat transfer principles, strength of materials, materials selection, design for vibration environments and the ability to apply those principles to unique mechanical design challenges.
- The ability to perform thermal and or structural analysis using industry simulation tools (ANSYS) is a plus.
- Leading small design teams and the ability to effectively communicate within the team is required.
- Candidate shall also be able to work within a broader program team and be able to communicate across functional boundaries in order to solve problems and achieve common goals.
- The candidate shall possess good written and verbal communication skills.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of five (5) years work experience.
- Eligible for Secret Clearance
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top