Senior Mechanical Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a Mechanical Engineer with 5-10 year experience to work in Nashua, NH.
Do you want to be part of a team creating cutting edge, disruptive technologies that enable our military systems to protect our warfighters on land, at sea and in the air? This is the mission of BAE Systems: "We protect those who protect us." Are you a leader who will take on that challenge?
BAE Systems offers competitive pay, benefits, and important work-life balance initiatives including every other Friday Off, Flextime, and Telecommuting. BAE also believes in a culture of recognition for the extraordinary contributions of our skilled employees.
This position is for a Mechanical Engineer with 5-10 year experience. The candidate shall have experience viewing and manipulating solid models (Pro-E CREO preferred) and have a proven capability in applying Mechanical principles within the design and review process with demonstrated creativity.
Other Role Requirements
- A familiarity with a comprehensive design process is required including conceptual development, physical design, support to procurement, work hands-on with assembly personnel, engineering test, debug, integration and support of product qualification.
- The candidate should possess an understanding in the application of heat transfer principles, strength of materials, materials selection, design for vibration environments and the ability to apply those principles to unique mechanical design challenges.
- The ability to perform thermal and or structural analysis using industry simulation tools (ANSYS) is a plus.
- Leading small design teams and the ability to effectively communicate within the team is required.
- Candidate shall also be able to work within a broader program team and be able to communicate across functional boundaries in order to solve problems and achieve common goals.
- The candidate shall possess good written and verbal communication skills.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of five (5) years work experience.
- Eligible for Secret Clearance
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top