Senior Mechanical Engineer
BAE Systems is hiring for a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
This position is for a Mechanical Engineer with 5-10 year experience. The candidate shall have experience viewing and manipulating solid models (Pro-E CREO preferred) and have a proven capability in applying Mechanical principles within the design and review process with demonstrated creativity.
Other Role Requirements
- A familiarly with a comprehensive design process is required including conceptual development, physical design, support to procurement, work hands-on with assembly personnel, engineering test, debug, integration and support of product qualification.
- The candidate should possess an understanding in the application of heat transfer principles, strength of materials, materials selection, design for vibration environments and the ability to apply those principles to unique mechanical design challenges.
- The ability to perform thermal and or structural analysis using industry simulation tools (ANSYS) is a plus.
- Leading small design teams and the ability to effectively communicate within the team is required.
- Candidate shall also be able to work within a broader program team and be able to communicate across functional boundaries in order to solve problems and achieve common goals.
- The candidate shall possess good written and verbal communication skills.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Knowledge of a comprehensive design process and the ability to perform design tasks within a team oriented environment using solid modeling CAD tools. Candidate must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment to achieve common goals.
- Ability to design mechanical assemblies and parts
- Ability to assess thermal, dynamic, and material compatibility of design changes
- Ability to review mechanical fabrication drawings and perform tolerance analysis
- Design for Manufacturability
- Experience performing FEA analysis to perform thermal and/or vibration assessments
- Experience with design for corrosive environments
- Knowledge of Military Specifications
- Experience planning and performing environmental testing
- Knowledge of different manufacturing techniques
- Experience in designing electronics included Circuit Card Assemblies, Electronics Assemblies, and Wire / Cable design for RF and Digital Applications.
- Ability to apply "Design for Unit Production Cost" into design process.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top