Senior Manufacturing Engineer
The Sr Manufacturing Engineer, Weld will provide engineering support for welding and possibly manual drill operations in the manufacture of combat products. Will train and guide operators on the manufacturing processes. The ME will develop concepts, designs, performance, and fabrication, test, and modifications for these products. Recommends weld equipment and perishable tools for manual machine operation. Prepares and conducts weld engineering analysis of materials and procedures, engaged in weld procedure, manual drill processes, and performance qualifications. The individual will need to utilize knowledge of metallurgy, material weldability, manual machine operation, and support of weld machines. Reviews supplier capability and suitability to provide acceptable product and comply with government specifications. Develops or contributes to the creation of welding standards and specifications. Individuals will develops special weld repairs as necessary and order perishable tooling for manual machine operation.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Must have expert knowledge of concepts, practices, drawing standards and procedures of Weld Engineering processes.
- Must have production Fabrication weld process experience.
- Capable of working with current computer applications, CAD programs, and model manipulation.
- Possesses an understanding of equipment and technologies relevant to welding, weld engineering, and manual machine operation.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems that require a professional level of weld engineering knowledge and manufacturing processes.
- Need to work well in a team environment
- Will be required to work with customer (both internal and external)
Requires familiarity with relevant military and commercial weld standards.
- Certification with AWS as a CWI or other relevant certification is a plus.
- Moderate knowledge of nondestructive testing scope and capabilities.
- Practice of lean/6 sigma concepts as applied to manufacturing is a plus.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top