Senior Manufacturing Engineer
This job requisition is for a highly motivated, self-starting individual who is looking to have ownership over initiatives and opportunities for visibility and leadership within a fast paced and dynamic organization.
Major areas of responsibility include establishing and improving manufacturing capabilities and technical expertise, working with manufacturing teams to execute technology and process strategies, and collaborating with engineering teams to drive quality into designs.
A successful candidate will provide motivation, mentoring, and leadership to team members. Work effectively with customers and suppliers as well as supporting organizations responsible for work critical to the business. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience utilizing Lean Enterprise concepts to meet or exceed business and customer requirements.
The job responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating equipment to facilitate the technology roadmap, designing manufacturing processes, performing Perform Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, writing procedures, and controls.
- Working with equipment vendors to understand equipment capabilities and how those capabilities meet our technical requirements. Leading vendor selection with process owners and procurement to trial, negotiate, and procure new equipment.
- Leading a team to setup and validate new equipment on the shop floor.
- Developing and testing of manufacturing processes and procedures, ensuring materials, products, and machines meet specifications and standards.
- Ensuring technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and that customer and company performance, and quality requirements are met.
- Improving the quality of the output of a process by identifying and removing the causes of defects and minimizing variability in manufacturing and business processes .
- Leads or contributes to projects utilizing Statistical Process Control tools and the DMAIC method to solve production problems, reduce variability, and improve manufacturing processes.
- Writing and providing input to technical papers or presentations. May deliver technical presentations.
- Utilizing lean methodology to facilitate kaizens and other process improvement events throughout the Operations business.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Minimum required education: Bachelor's Degree (Engineering or Technical discipline).
- Hands-on floor support experience, working with shop employees
- Experience in root cause/corrective action - preventive action
- Excellent Communication skills - Capacity to drive positive change in an organization's culture
- Effective decision making track record
- Proven ability to motivate and manage people effectively
- Ability to effectively facilitate projects in a technical multi-organizational environment
- Extensive experience in applying lean principles throughout the value stream
- Strong leadership, coaching, and team building skills
- Well-rounded business knowledge with focus on the customer
- Excellent communication, organizational, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Solid problem solving and analytical abilities
- High level of personal and professional integrity
Preferred Skills and Education
-- Self-starting contributor looking for leadership opportunities
-- Thrives in face-paced, collaborative, team based environment
-- Strong understanding of lean manufacturing principals
-- Experience with DMAIC tools including Fishbones, PFMEAs, Cpk
-- Black Belt, Green Belt, or Six Sigma training
-- Experienced with APQP/PPAP
-- Prior product knowledge
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top