Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Assembly and Test
Provides technical support to manufacturing and related functions. Researches, develops, and improves manufacturing processes, methods, and systems for products, facilities, fixtures, tooling, equipment, and/or materials. Develops and tests work methods and procedures, ensuring performance and quality of materials, products, and machines meet specifications and standards. Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met.
Applies engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to a limited portion of a technical project to include; Mechanical Assembly, Electrical Assembly, Test.
Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations. Ability to set up, organize, and populate Manufacturing Engineering production information using Microsoft Access, Excel and Project.
Investigates nonconformances to develop repair and rework procedures and develop effective root cause and corrective actions to prevent these in the future.
Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers to solve technical problems and implement solutions of limited complexity.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
B.S. degree in a relevant technical discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience plus 4 years relevant experience; or a M.S. degree and 3 years experience; or a Ph.D. in a relevant technical discipline.
Ability to work with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Project and PowerPoint) is required, AutoCAD or equivalent is required.
- Excellent planning, time management, organization, and the ability to handle multiple assignments.
- A mechanical aptitude and experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have experience in mechanical or electrical assembly.
- Detail oriented.
- Must have basic knowledge of engineering fundamentals and Lean concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Be able to effectively communicate in both written and spoken English, and work effectively with others.
- Ability to work under direct supervision and follow standard procedures to accomplish tasks.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Specialized technical knowledge of relevant military and commercial design standards.
- Strong Electrical Assembly Knowledge and Experience.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems such as Baan or Oracle.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean certification.
- 5S Experience
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top