Senior Manufacturing Engineer
BAE Systems Platforms and Services is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to support the Combat Vehicles Program.
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer provides technical support to manufacturing and related functions. Researches, develops, and improves manufacturing processes, methods, and systems for products, facilities, fixtures, tooling, equipment, and/or materials. Develops and tests work methods and procedures, ensuring performance and quality of materials, products, and machines meet specifications and standards. Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met. Position will report to manufacturing/producibility manager in York, Pa.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
- - Position will act as the resident manufacturing liaison to Engineering and will be required to provide detailed, technical input to Engineering with respect to manufacturing objectives for all assigned programs.
- - Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings.
- - Must have working knowledge of common manufacturing processes including machining, welding, casting, forging, painting, stamping, forming, etc.
- - Perform manufacturing producibility reviews and create red-line drawings
- - Perform manufacturing readiness assessments
- - Must be able to communicate well (written and oral) in a technical environment. Will be required to perform technical manufacturing exercises (producibility reviews, trade studies, etc).
- - Manages engineering design, development, analysis, test, and/or product assurance projects of small size and technical complexity to meet cost, quality, performance, and schedule requirements.
- - Applies knowledge of engineering principles associated with individual’s primary engineering discipline, division systems, and customer understanding in guiding and reviewing project direction and outcomes. Performs trade-off studies to ensure optimum solutions are reached.
- - Represents the company with customers, program management, and subcontractors on technical project content and issues.
- - Prepares, presents, and defends project technical results and recommendations to external customers and internal management. Participates in formal technical reviews with customers and internal technical reviews with peers and subordinates.
- - Maintains familiarity with industry practices, trends, and applications to enhance the organization’s technical capabilities. Advises management on new developments and evolving organizational needs and required technical competencies.
- - Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- - Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Practical manufacturing experience (exposed to development process)
- Ability to identify, define, interpret, and develop new and creative technical solutions to solve engineering problems involving conflicting design/contractual/policy or technical requirements
- Ability to make technical, persuasive presentations to customers, industry representatives, and management
- Working knowledge of GD&T.
- Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines. Pro-e experience is preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve complex technical problems.
- Recognized ability to work in a team environment where ability to influence other team members/customers is critical.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical results to customers
Preferred Skills and Education – New product introduction experience
- Hands-on mechanical abilities
- Advanced manufacturing engineering experience
- Knowledge across multiple technical disciplines/applications
- Pro-e experience
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top