Senior Manufacturing Engineer
This job requisition is for a highly motivated, self-starting individual who is looking to have ownership over initiatives and opportunities for visibility and leadership within a fast paced and dynamic organization.
The candidate will serve as a manufacturing engineer supporting factory-wide initiatives and will lead the Operations Training Program.
As the lead of the Operations Training program, the candidate will be responsible for coordinating new hire orientation, training school curriculum including solder training and mechanical assembly training, tracking training performance and metrics, developing and implementing new training courses, facilitating training classes as applicable, and ensuring compliance of training requirements by working with peers across BAE Systems sites.
As manufacturing engineer, the candidate will provide process engineering expertise and will be a champion of lean concepts to manufacturing and related functions. The job responsibilities will include:
- Using DMAIC method to research, develop and improve manufacturing processes, methods and systems for products, facilities, fixtures, tooling, equipment, and/or materials.
- Developing and testing of manufacturing processes and procedures, ensuring materials, products, and machines meet specifications and standards.
- Ensuring technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and that customer and company performance, and quality requirements are met.
- Improving the quality of the output of a process by identifying and removing the causes of defects and minimizing variability in manufacturing and business processes.
- Leads or contributes to projects utilizing Statistical Process Control tools and the DMAIC method to solve production problems, reduce variability, and improve manufacturing processes.
- Writing and providing input to technical papers or presentations. May deliver technical presentations.
- Utilizing lean methodology to facilitate kaizens and other process improvement events throughout the Operations business.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
Minimum required education: Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering or Technical discipline).
- Hands-on floor support experience, working with shop employees
- Experience in root cause/corrective action – preventive action
- Excellent Communication skills
Preferred Skills and Education
- Self-starting contributor looking for leadership opportunities
- Thrives in face-paced, collaborative, team based environment
- Strong understanding of lean manufacturing principals
- Experience with DMAIC tools including Fishbones, PFMEAs, Cpk
- Black Belt, Green Belt, or Six Sigma training
- Experience with training development and delivery
- Experienced with APQP/PPAP About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top