Senior Manager II, Employee Engagement & Internal/HR Communications
The senior manager of Employee Engagement and Internal/HR Communications develops and supports a full range of communications activities and the development of solutions to deliver engaging communications to employees to meet internal communication strategies. This position requires outstanding writing and project management skills, thorough knowledge of all of the communications channels used in organizational communication, strong process orientation, and attention to detail demonstrated that has been demonstrated in a corporate communications environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrate expertise in communications planning, strategies, processes and execution.
- Serve as a key leader in, and advisor for, all people communications at BAE Systems, Inc.
- The ability to see, understand and anticipate internal issues and provide effective internal and HR communications counsel, strategies and recommended solutions.
- Serve as the communications adviser to senior HR functional leadership, influencing and shaping the communications approach on key HR issues.
- Be an innovative, dynamic and creative content generator across multiple platforms and channels, with the goal of better capturing the imagination and interest of our people.
- Develop and manage communications strategies in collaboration with HR for employee benefits, the Health Council, wellness, learning & development, talent acquisition/retention, D&I, and other HR disciplines.
- In conjunction with the Inc. internal communications team, develop internal communications strategies that support delivering the company strategy and business priorities.
- Serve as the principal internal communications/HR communications advisor to internal communications teams in the sectors, and provide advice and counsel on internal/HR/people related communications to Inc. functional leaders.
- Design, develop and deliver campaigns that engage employees to effectively communicate subjects employees often find abstract and inaccessible.
- Lead the development and delivery of solutions and materials supporting the internal communication strategies of the enterprise.
- Develop and execute detailed tactical communications plans for multiple projects simultaneously. Manage complex projects, manage or work with vendors, and collaborate with the company's internal creatives/design staff to craft and deliver professionally-developed products.
- Serve as a key member of Employee Engagement working group, helping to ensure consistency of news across the enterprise, foster greater sharing of content, and identify best practices across the internal communications function.
- Create and edit content for a wide range of internal, HR and benefit related communications - including open enrollment materials, newsletters, online communications, broadcast and targeted e-mails, video, postcards, e-cards, podcasts, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Edit and proof materials related to strategic and administrative communication materials so they comply with company communications standards and regulatory requirements (e.g., ERISA, HIPAA).
- Maintain and update joint Inc.+ HR Communications Calendars on a monthly and quarterly basis in collaboration with HR stakeholders and partners to ensure seamless and efficient coordination of campaigns and projects.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience.
- Experience in creating and developing employee benefits strategies and tactics, and the delivery of communications materials .
- Experience in developing internal communications strategies and the delivery of supporting tactical materials.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Understanding of organizational dynamics and fluid business environments.
- Ability to handle multiple and competing demands in a fast-paced position.
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to be both tactical and strategic at the same time - and be mindful to be both proactive wherever possible, and reactive when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions and organizational layers, including with senior management.
- Possess an innovative mindset and find new, groundbreaking ways to reach our goals - constructively challenging 'the norm' in a way that produces bold benefits for our people through internal engagement
- Strong desire to enrich the work/life experience of the people of BAE Systems with compelling content and informative communications - including through storytelling and elevating unique voices across the company
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top