Senior Manager, Contracts
The position of Senior Contracts Manager (GG13) reports to the Sr. Director, Contracts for the Mission and Intelligence Systems’ Product Lines within the ISRS Business Area. The selected individual will lead manage a team of six (6) Contracts professionals in San Diego, CA.
He or she will be accountable for leading the preparation, negotiation, and management of complex proposals and/or contract activities in accordance with company policies, and customer requirements across international and domestic environments. Interpret and communicate business commitments and alternatives to program team and the business segment VP/GMs. Position requires an extensive knowledge of government and commercial contracting methods for products, software and services in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. The selected individual will develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers including domestic and international partners.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Using a high degree of business acumen, guide, direct and evaluate the activities of Contract personnel at various labor grades involved in bid/proposal efforts, and the negotiation and management of contracts to assure compliance with Company policies and procedures.
2. Select, train, develop and review performance of direct reports. May serve as lead instructor of a training program.
3. Maintain an in-depth knowledge and working understanding of Commercial Contracting terms and contracting methods, the US Government Acquisition and Procurement environment, BAE Systems and Contracts functional policies and procedures, export, FAR/DFAR and other Government Regulations.
4. Lead cross-functional teams on a variety of Business Segment or Business Area initiatives.
5. Support independent proposal reviews (Red Teams, Phase Reviews). Participate as an assessor in the Phase Review Process.
6. Capable of establishing and managing negotiation strategies and financial requirements, perform business risk assessment and mitigation plans, conduct negotiation of contracts requiring a high degree of negotiation expertise and execute proposals and contracts to the threshold delegated.
7. Experience in drafting and negotiating complex teaming arrangements or other types of contracting arrangements.
8. Prepare and present at Business Area review meetings an analysis of completed bid/proposal packages and contractual obligations, including recommendations for negotiation strategies.
9. Prepare contract summaries and provide management with complete, current and accurate data by reporting progress on contract activity, together with recommendations for management action/decision.
10. Foster and maintain a sound and reliable relationship with counterparts in customer organizations.
11. Maintain specialized contracting knowledge in such areas as International Contracting, Offset, and Teaming/JV arrangements.
12. Develops solutions to complex contracting issues, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensure solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
13. Willing to work extended hours if needed.
14. Willing to travel in support of the business objectives. Travel not expected to exceed 25% per month. Will include some international travel.
15. Undertake special assignments as required.
Preferred Skills and Education
Advanced Degree (Master’s Degree or Juris Doctorate)
Certification through the National Contract Management Association
TS/SCI Preferred About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top