Senior Malware Software Developer/Reverse Engineer
- San Antonio, TX
BAE Systems has an opportunity for a cyber software developer/malware reverse engineer at Lackland AFB, TX.
Let your skills make a difference by joining our cyber software development teams. Build new cyber tools, develop cutting edge soft capabilities, help us to achieve the critical needs of our mission partners to answer cyber demands that have never been answered before! BAE Systems is seeking developers with the imagination and motivation to develop software solutions/prototypes in six months or less. Once completed, you're seeking the next solution.. Are you ready for the challenge!
Provides extremely high-level subject matter proficiency in Reverse Engineering of Malware. Provides advanced technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environment, high-level functional systems analysis,
design, integration, documentation, training, and implementation advice on
complex problems that require advanced level knowledge of the subject matter
for effective implementation.
We are looking for a versatile Senior Developer/Malware Reverse Engineer to build working prototypes of the latest and most complex threats to computer and network security. You'll work cross-functionally with UI, and DevOps engineering teams, and have frequent opportunity to obtain feedback directly from people who work in the dynamically evolving cyber security field.
This is more than an opportunity to reverse engineer the most current and complex network security threats and write amazing code with talented peers. It is a chance to have a huge impact on how the Air Force visualizes and neutralizes threats to their networks.
- Kernel level software development in either Windows or Linux
- Coding with Python and/or C++
- Ability to script using Python, Bash, PowerShell, etc.
- Ability to read code written in C / x86/x64 Assembly
- Firm understanding of Agile development process
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline tools such as Gitlab, Jenkins.
- Knowledge of virtualization and containerization such as VMware, Docker
- Develop custom software which create effects needed by mission partner
- Refine pre-existing code to meet new parameters required to accomplish mission need
- Identify vulnerabilities in software and hardware
- Analyze and reverse engineer software and hardware systems
- Develop tools to detect, analyze and neutralize malicious login
- Develop software utilities that have a specialized effect on managed networks.
- Develop tools to capture, analyze and neutralize network and attack methodologies
- Document all phases of software development throughout the lifecycle
- Research various technologies identified by mission partners.
- Provide capability demonstrations
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
As a Senior Malware Reverse Engineer, you'll be rebuilding and repurposing nation state level malware, based on real world samples.
Senior level Malware Reverse engineering certification (GIAC GREM) --can be accomplished within 5 months of employment but continued employment contingent on certification
While you will have lots of room to learn and grow, here are the starting requirements:
• Strong knowledge of tools used for malware analysis such as debuggers and dis-assemblers
• Skilled in reversing binaries of various types including: x86, x64, C, C++, .NET, and Delphi
• Ability to analyze shellcode; packed and obfuscated code and associated algorithms
• Good understanding of Windows Operating System Internals and Windows APIs
• Familiarity with network protocols and networking concepts
• Some understanding of common attacker methodologies and exploit techniques
• Proficiency in Python
• Ability to design and solve complex problems by writing simple, effective code
• Awareness of behavioral based threat models like Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or related degree
• Experience with at least one SCM system like Git
• Working knowledge of an Agile methodology like Scrum or Kanban
- 6 or more years of demonstrated software development experience, preferably in cybersecurity.
- Coding languages (C, C++, Java, C#)
- Scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, etc.)
- Assembly (x86, x86_64, ARM)
- Cyber threat intelligence experience
- Static analysis (IDApro, Ghidra, Radare2, etc.)
- Dynamic analysis (WinDBG, GDB, etc.)
- Network analysis (Wireshark, etc.)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
BS preferred in software engineering or computer science
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top