Senior Maintenance Technician
BAE Systems is seeking Senior Maintenance Technicians to be part of our experienced technical team. This position will be located in Wallops Island, VA at the Surface Combat Systems Center (SCSC). SCSC provides live and simulated integrated warfare capabilities in a net-centric, maritime environment to develop, test, evaluate and conduct fleet operations and training for the warfighter. SCSC is the premier Land Based Test Site for the Aegis and SSDS Navy Shipboard platforms. The mission at SCSC includes Research and Development, Training, Fleet Emergent Testing, System Integration and hardware/software Certification. Candidate will perform corrective and preventative maintenance in order to sustain the equipment in accordance with Combat Systems specifications.
Other duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Candidate will schedule planned maintenance actions utilizing SKED program in accordance with the Navy's Maintenance Material Management (3M) system and also be responsible for documenting all maintenance actions, including repair part requisitions, using the OMNS-NG program.
- Prepare and implement quarterly maintenance schedules as approved by the Government Combat System Maintenance Officer
- Provide on-the-job training to the Navy members of the integrated maintenance team
- Supervise/perform maintenance tasks to include cable fabrication, repair and installation (including fiber optic cable); cable removal; equipment overhaul and refurbishment; tactical electrical power connection and repair; and tactical cooling plumbing connection and repair, equipment foundation fabrication, and heavy weather preparation and recovery. Remove, ship, and replace SCSC equipment in support of Government requirements
- Provide detailed failure reporting, analysis and corrective action taken in accordance with MIL-HDBK-2155 or best business practices to provide management visibility and control for reliability and maintainability improvement of hardware and associated software. Use failure and maintenance data to generate and implement effective corrective actions to prevent failure recurrence and to simplify or reduce the maintenance tasks.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Minimum education and years of related work experience required: High School/GED and at least 10 years of experience assessing, troubleshooting and performing corrective and preventive maintenance of tactical systems and equipment.
Security clearance requirement: Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance (U.S. Citizenship required). Selected candidate will receive a contingent offer and start date will be delayed until at least an interim Secret clearance is granted.
Demonstrated experience and ability to define, articulate, and communicate equipment status and troubleshooting efforts and recommend courses of action for approval
Demonstrated experience in the ability to coordinate, schedule and implement equipment upgrades.
Preferred Skills and Education
Highly desired, but not required:
Active DoD Secret security clearance
Certified as a Maintenance Person in accordance with PQS 304, reference NAVEDTRA 43241-K
Certified ETA Fiber Optic Installer (FOI)
Performing maintenance of the following equipment:
AN/SPS-67, AN/SPS-73, AN/SPS-49A, IFF (AN/UPX-36, AN/UPX-29), Navigation (Blk 4 NAVSSI), AN/SPY-1 Radar Systems
Experience with network devices and understanding of Operating Systems, preferably RedHat or UNIX.
Certified in Sumitomo FF101
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top