Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Your new career is waiting here!
BAE Systems, a global defense, aerospace and security company employing more than 88,200 people worldwide, with wide-ranging products and services covering air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. BAE Systems, Inc. is a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, well positioned to support customers in what is the world's largest defense market is HIRING NOW !
We are in search of a Senior HPC Systems Administrator to perform the following:
- Implement the software engineering processes required to productize customer tools; to include : standing up a distributed code base repository, establishing a baseline management process, standing up a continuous integration environment, and integrating these capabilities into a requirements management process to support incremental software development cycles.
- Collaborate with the team to specify a web-enabled documentation plan with fully linked-data.
- Participate in the software users group and ensure all new requirements are captured and transcribed to the requirements management tool; as well as manage resulting software baselines and distribute authorized packages.
- Build and deploy software packages to operational and test environments.
- Monitor, maintain, performance-tune and upgrade the underlying ToolMetrics COTS and GOTS products and infrastructure.
- Identify and diagnose system issues, especially following outages.
- Triage all user requests for production system component problems, respond to and take action to resolve requests caused by production system components.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Ideal candidate will have fifteen (15) years' experience as an SA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Support the design of systems, mission architecture and associated hardware
- Possess a working knowledge and understanding of system administration interdependencies as part of the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with server hardware, applications and software integration
- Extensive experience as a Linux System Administrator
- A minimum of 5 years experience managing, obtaining, and installing certificates for servers
- A minimum of 7 years experience installing, deploying and configuring software (both custom and COTS)
- A minimum of 5 years troubleshooting problems to include network, hardware, VMs, and operational system
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting Accumulo
- Experience configuring VMs
- Experience providing troubleshooting for and restarting operational services
- Experience managing Accumulo and Nifi instances from an administration and configuration perspective
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top