Senior Linux Security Systems Administrator
Candidates shall have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, and have eight (8) years of demonstrable experience in system administration and support of a large client-server based IT enterprise. Or the individual shall have five (5) years of full time computer science work that can be substituted for the Bachelor's Degree, and have eight (8) years of demonstrable experience in the system administration and support of a large client-server based IT enterprise. An industry recognized professional certification may substitute as one year experience.
(U) Experience shall include installation, configuration, and networking of UNIX and/or NT based platforms. This experience shall include: creating, modifying and deleting user accounts, performing system back-ups, and maintaining system configuration files. Individual shall have a fundamental understanding of operating systems and be familiar with either UNIX or NT commands or utilities at the user level. Experience shall include the installation and configuration of hardware, operating systems, and commercial software packages. Individual shall be able to develop and implement enterprise backup/recovery strategies, server configuration and consolidation, and verification of the health and status of the entire IT infrastructure. Individual shall be able to provide support for the enterprise services such as DNS, NFS, e-mail services, security protection mechanisms, and the interoperability of UNIX and NT based systems.
Candidates shall have experience with the installation, configuration, tuning, and support of:
- Servers running Sparc Solaris, SolarisX64, red Hat, and SuSe, with direct attached and FC SAN storage
- Client server technology utilizing NFS and CIFS
- Large memory SMP systems with many cores
- Enterprise client server configurations
- Multi-vendor filesystems such as XFS, GPFS, and CXFS
- Fielded systems
- Blade systems and associated interconnects (SAD, FC, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Red Hat and Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Microsoft Exchange
- Infrastructure support services such as DNS, NIS, Active Directory, Centrify, Zenoss, SiteScope, HP Openview, HPSA, HPSE, Splunk, Sendmail, Exchange, NetQoS, Infoblox
- Thin client solutions based on Virtual bridges and Centrix
- NoMachine NX
- Virtualizing products; VMWare and Solaris containers
- Accepted professional certifications include:
- Possess a valid RHCSA or higher Red Hat certification
- Valid VMWare certification
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Candidates shall have strong experience with Linux and security scanning
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top