Senior IT Systems Network Engineer
The selected applicant will plan, design, coordinate, and provide technical leadership for the integration of hardware, software, and services into wired and wireless enterprise information technology systems for the Department of Defense (DoD). The ideal candidate will have a strong hands-on systems administration background, with a thorough understanding of network, storage and virtual server architectures.
The selected applicant will work with the government customer to develop requirements, conduct site surveys, design solutions, mock-up, install, configure, document, and test the solution in a lab environment. Upon government acceptance the selected applicant will support the deployment, troubleshooting, and sustainment of the fielded solution.
Major duties of the position include:
- Lead small and medium size project initiatives and provide technical expertise to network and systems administrators. Develop architectural diagrams of systems using standard templates to illustrate solutions to customers and technical staff.
- Identify customer requirements and design enterprise systems.
- Ensure effective integration, testing, and troubleshooting of hardware and software within the Enterprise.
- Interacting with the government leads to ensure that all system and interface requirements are consistent and valid across the Enterprise.
- Developing, documenting, executing, integrating and evolving systems engineering processes as required to enable effective systems engineering and integration efforts.
- Integrating activities over the lifecycle of systems within the Enterprise including prototyping and production, as well as operations and sustainment.
- Developing feasibility studies, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of decision making.
- Collaborating with support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. military.
This position is located in Chesapeake, VA but CONUS travel is, and OCONUS travel may be, required.
There is no relocation assistance available for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or
state willingness to relocate self to Chesapeake, VA or surrounding areas.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Minimum Education and Experience High school diploma and 14 years of related experience OR Associate degree and 10 years of related experience OR Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of related experience Required Skills and Education High school diploma and 14 years of related experience OR Associate degree and 10 years of related experience OR Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of related experience
Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
- Experience installing, configuring, and deploying virtual machines
- Experience installing, configuring, and deploying network systems
- Strong systems engineering, organizational, and customer facing skills
- Experience with IT installations in classified environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain/maintain the required security clearance
- Ability to travel (CONUS and OCONUS) up to 25%
- Working knowledge of DoD Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG)
Proficient in at least four of the following:
- Cisco Unified Computing System
- Cisco Switches/Routers
- Aruba or Cisco wireless networks
- VMWare/Virtualized Servers
- MS Hyper-V/Virtualized Servers
- Microsoft Server 2012
- Active Directory Management
- RedHat Enterprise Linux
- NetApp Storage Arrays
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Host Based Security System (HBSS)
Preferred Skills and Education · VMWare Certification (DCV or NV)
- Cisco Certified (CCNA or CCNP)
- Certified MS Windows Server 2012 (MCSA or MCSE)
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering related field
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top