Senior Integrated Test Engineer Project Lead
BAE Systems is looking for a Test Engineering Lead for our Integrated Test Engineering Department in Wayne, NJ. The successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of establishing semi-automated production test capabilities that supports the assigned product line. The responsibilities include project management of small to medium teams, project estimation, project planning and execution.
The applicants must have successfully demonstrated project and personnel leadership skills in prior assignments. This position requires the candidate to oversee small to medium sized projects staffed with 2-8 ITE engineers with various engineering backgrounds (software, electrical, mechanical, systems, technicians) while also contributing technically to a program(s) or project(s).
This position requires relevant experience that supports leadership of small teams that develop production test solutions. Test solutions include test stands, test equipment interfaces, test software that automates/semi-automates the test environment for complex electronics manufacturing.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Test Domain Expertise:
- Ability to lead test engineers while successfully collaborating with other project leads or engineers from other disciplines
- People skills that support collaboration across multiple channels, a good listener, promotes solutions versus problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated, team-oriented individual with strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work with staff members to adhere to the BAE ITE process
- Test skills and knowledge of both Engineering and Operations
- Understanding and experience with Earned Value Metrics (EVMS) reporting for CPI and SPI
- Ability to estimate cost & schedules and manage projects
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree
- SW & HW experience
- Experience in Labview, LabWindows/CVI
Preferred Skills and Education
MS in Electrical or SW Engineering with 10+ years of Experience
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top