Senior Industrial Engineer
This position is for an Industrial Engineer to work within the RF Microwave Manufacturing facility. The IE will be responsible for understanding and utilizing simulation tools as well as additional data, and processes in order to uncover bottlenecks and identify opportunities to eliminate waste. The IE will participate in determining and providing an optimum plan of operation, equipment, space requirements, and related facilities for assigned areas. They will also be utilized for facilitates capacity planning and work load prioritization.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Experience using ProModel or other simulation tools to assist with factory layouts and capacity planning
- Experience using AutoCAD or other computer-aided drafting software
- Experience with Value Stream or Flow Mapping
Preferred Skills and Education – Ability to perform light software programming (ex. Visual Basic, Xojo, Java etc.)
- Ability to develop capacity analyses to recommend efficient manpower and equipment utilization
- Experience analyzing manufacturing processes and work flow for continuous improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated experience in implementing change in manufacturing areas.
- Ability to establish standard processes for updating and managing Operation codes, manufacturing
Lead Times and manufacturing Standards.
- Ability to performs methods and cost analyses and conducts process measurements as required. Ability
to develop facilities, equipment, and personnel layouts for manufacturing including preparation of capital
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel,
customers and suppliers
- Computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top