Senior Government Compliance Specialist
The selected candidate performs Government Compliance duties which require a strong working knowledge of government accounting practices and regulations.
• Supports financial and operational audits by examining and verifying accounting, statistical or operation records
• Performs reviews and analysis of issues pertaining to Government Compliance
• Analyzes transactional data to ensure compliance with policies/procedures and disclosed practices
• Supports the preparation and review of the Incurred Cost Submission
• Responds to requests for information from DCMA, DCAA and internal and/or external customers
• Ad hoc reporting as required
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Finance and/or Accounting background with strong analytical skills
• Ability to gain an understanding of the business process to drive solutions to challenges
• Good planning, time management, organization and presentation skills
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgement
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Above-average Microsoft Suite skills
• Experience working in Government Contracting Finance or Accounting
Preferred Skills and Education
• Ability to research, interpret, understand and apply policies, procedures and appropriate principles and regulations along with working knowledge of CAS and FAR.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top