Senior GN&C Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking Guidance Navigation & Control Engineers to support the Air Force’s next generation Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system acquisition. Our customer is the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Program Office located at Hill AFB, north of Salt Lake City, Utah. This will be a long term project with the weapon system anticipated to remain operational until 2075.
Positions will be located at or near Hill AFB, Utah.
Specifically BAE Systems is seeking qualified GN&C Engineers to support the acquisition of the next generation autonomous, strategic grade, rad hard guidance set for ICBMs. Skills in one or more of the following areas are desired:
- Strategic grade gyros and accelerometers
- Radiation Hardness techniques/approaches for GN&C, including Circumvention & Recovery
- Guidance algorithm design, performance analysis, modeling, and simulation
- Guidance platform design and analysis relative to it’s mechanical, electronic, and thermal performance
- Data systems designed to capture, process, and report guidance system performance
- GN&C Testing in factory and depot environments, both ground and flight Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Five (5) years directly related experience (3 years with MS degree), BS/MS degree in Mechanical Engineering or comparable technical degree (Electrical, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, etc.).
Analytical, design and engineering skills. Preferred Skills and Education Strategic GN&C System design, analysis, modeling, and simulation.
Strong experience in using analytical tools such as Matlab/Simulink, POST2.
Experience in C++, Java, Matlab, PowerShell, C#, Python or similar OOP languages.
Demonstrated capability to comprehend large scale system architecture.
Is able to work in a dynamic environment, in concert with customers and contractors, in order to mature preliminary concepts to an eventual contractor provided final system design.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Ability to work with a wide array of stakeholders, including senior management, Air Force customers, contractors, technical staff and end users.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top