Senior Geospatial Analyst (VO)
Position requires a cleared Senior-level Geospatial Analyst to provide Vertical Obstruction (VO) data support at St. Louis/Arnold MO customer sites. Analyst shall:
- Collect and validate features (points, lines and areas), and complete product finishing
- Enter data using both manual and automated processes.
- Analyze and validate data.
- Extract features from imagery sources.
- Work with large data sets, to include manipulation and formatting of data to meet specifications for database ingest.
- Use previous knowledge of quality controls, quality management systems, and strategies to maintain required level of work.
- Resolve feature discrepancies and conflicts.
- Be comfortable working in a time constrained environment.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Basic knowledge of the airfield infrastructure such as taxiways, runways, navigational aids, ATC tower, and hangers, etc.
- Working knowledge of feature collection (points, lines and areas), feature validation and finishing.
- Ability to work within, manipulate, and interact with Geospatial Database, SQL, Stored Procedures and Triggers.
- At least 10 years of relevant geospatial analysis experience. A completed bachelor's degree in a related field may count for up to four years of this experience. A master's degree in a related field may count for an additional two years of experience.. Proficiency with digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, and photogrammetry
Proficiency with most of the following: ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ArcView, ArcIMS, ArcTools, the Integrated Exploitation Capability (IEC) system, SocetSet, TerraExplorer/Builder, RemoteView, ERDAS IMAGINE, MRSID, VB/VBA (or some other object oriented programming/scripting language), Oracle and other appropriate software to analyze geospatial data.
Familiarity with various data formats (e.g. DTED, VPF, CIB, ADRG; NGA imagery and geospatial products, and data attribution techniques
- Proficency with the following:
- Working knowledge of Python scripting.
- Converting VBA scripts to Python
- Other appropriate software to analyze geospatial data.
- Experience in python and VBA scripting, extensive knowledge of POSTGIS Geodatabases, and ability to debug, rewrite, and align product finishing processes for current and future needs.
- Experience in the activities (e.g. maintenance, data/database replication, performing queries, programming, validation checks, quality control, back/up/recovery) related to administration of computerized databases
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial imagery, products, processes and sensors.
- Demonstrated ability to harness all geospatial tool and techniques with available data to provide relevant and insightful intelligence.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top