Senior Geospatial Analyst
BAE Systems has an immediate need for a Senior Geospatial Analyst to support counterterrorism efforts. The selected candidate will provide full spectrum GEOINT analysis and employ Activity Based Intelligence (ABI) methods to combat terrorism.
Geospatial Analysis services include extracting and/or acquiring geospatial information, derivative information and multi-INT data for analysis, visualization and modeling to solve problems and enhance the GEOINT knowledge of mission-specific intelligence issues. This also includes extracting specific mission-related feature data in accordance with NGA data and product specifications and with respect to standard and non-standard product requirements.
The selected candidate will serve as an expert geospatial analyst on a team of intelligence professionals. Responsibilities will include data collection from diverse sources, spatial analysis, model development, creation of maps/graphics for analysts and decision makers, and deliver "big data analytics" and briefings. The position requires familiarity with a diverse array of GIS related technology; knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems; proficiency in performing queries and manipulating geographic referenced data; ability to effectively plan and manage projects; and an ability to effectively communicate both orally and in written communication. The chosen candidate will be capable of working in a team environment both independently and collaboratively to deliver actionable intelligence products.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
11+ years of relevant GIS experience
- ESRI ArcGIS.
- Experience using ESRI products developing applications in ArcGIS using ArcObjects (preferred) or MapObjects; modeling with ArcSDE; GIS Server or ArcIMS site development, implementations and maintenance.
- Imagery Exploitation Software (SOCET GXP, RemoteView) and working knowledge of Cedalion.
- Proficiency using ITT ENVI COTS image processing software, ERADAS IMAGINE, MS Office, Windows, and knowledge of programming languages such as R Studio, Python.
- Regular expression usage, temporal expressions, and geospatial representations (datum, projections, and coordinate systems).
- Network analysis, data management, versioned editing.
- General All-source intelligence analysis to include permutations and conversion of geo-database files, shape files, Google Earth KML/KMZ, and CSV files.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top