Senior FPGA Designer
Come join the BAE Systems, Inc team as "We Protect those that Protect Us." The Survivability, Targeting and Sensing Solutions (STS) Business Area, is an industry leader in threat warning and threat countermeasure technology. BAE Systems has a need for an Electrical Engineer with a focus on digital logic designers for FPGA/CPLD development to support our diverse, impressive, and ever growing product portfolio.
This is an exciting and busy time for us as we work as One Team to develop and advance our products in support of our customers' missions. If you are interested in working in a very dynamic and exciting environment with some of the world leaders in this industry, then we are looking for people like you to join our team!
The right candidate will have interest, skills and experience in digital logic design; with familiarity in high speed interfaces, implementation of communication protocols, and mapping complex algorithms into FPGAs for applications in the fields of digital signal processing and digital image processing.
The selected electrical engineer is expected to have applicable experience in the following areas:
- Digital design and troubleshooting in the area of embedded processors, microcontrollers, and VHDL based FPGAs/CPLDs that provide capability and functionality to a larger system.
- Candidate should be able to implement algorithms in FPGAs from Matlab or C code.
- Experience with state-of-the-art electrical engineering tools
- Ability to review and understand electrical schematics and interfacing component datasheets.
- Strong 'hands-on' lab experience with instrumentation, equipment, and processes.
- FPGA Architecture skillset or candidate's desire to develop in this area expected
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD security clearance is required.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in a team environment with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the design, test, debug and fielding of FPGAs
- Knowledge of VHDL / Verilog and HDL Coder
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado or Quartus toolset
- Experience with Questasim Simulators• Experience with Matlab / Simulink
- Strong laboratory experience with instrumentation, equipment and processes.
- Motivated self-starter and problem solver with proven experience executing in diverse multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong computer skills in basic MS office and technical programs
- Solid fundamentals of digital/analog/mixed signal electronics, components, and interface/communication standards
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top