Senior Financial Analyst
Seeking an experienced Principle Financial Analyst to join the Program Finance team for the York CAS segment of the Platforms & Services Combat Vehicles business in York, Pennsylvania. Selected candidate will serve as the financial business partner for several key programs, assisting the program manager and program teams with developing program baselines, monitoring performance, investigating root causes of program performance variances, assisting program managers in development of corrective action plans to address and mitigate program variances. The selected candidate will provide financial decision support to key stakeholders focused on minimizing risk and maximizing return of program profit by managing financial requirements and program execution.
Primary job responsibilities consist of:
- Provides tracking, analysis, and reporting of projects of varying contract type, size and complexity. The Principle Financial Analyst must have the ability to work independently as well as in a cross-functional team environment
- Utilizes strong communication skills to interface with Program Management Organization (PMO) team and others including; project managers, technical staff, subcontractors and customers in support of PMO activities
- Responsible project start-up and close-out as well as monthly program revenue, cost management, and profit recognition over the life of the program.
- Supports project execution by performing financial analysis and other program support related to the technical and business resources needed to achieve program objectives; includes pre- and post-award project activities from inception through closeout
- Develops and reviews financial data for inclusion in cost proposals, contract reviews, forecasts and variance explanations. Key member in the completion of the operating plan, quarterly, half year, and full year forecast updates requiring participation in cross functional collaboration.
- Participate in program and project reviews on a regular basis.
- Ensures compliance with internal procedures, DFAR/FAR, TINA, CAS, estimating systems and disclosure statements as well as interprets changes to same for impact on programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 5 years Finance and Accounting experience
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage a multi-tasked workload in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of defense contracting regulatory environment (DFARS and CAS)
- An affinity for investigating and solving complex financial problems preferred
- Ability to work with government regulatory personnel (DCAA and DCMA)
- Ability to make decisions with sound judgment while complying with policies and procedures
- Problem solving and in depth research and analytical skills; Must be detail oriented with meticulous record-keeping skills
- Ability to work limited overtime (days, evenings, weekends) to meet business needs
- Ability to work cooperatively across multiple Finance and non-Finance functions
- Master's Degree or some post-graduate work in Finance or Accounting
- Experience spanning both financial analysis and accounting
- Experience in project forecasting and analysis within a large defense contractor or manufacturing environment a plus
- Excel Visual Basic macro knowledge a plus
- DFARS Estimating System compliance knowledge a plus
- Hyperion Planning and Excel Smart View add-in experience a plus
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top