Senior Facilities Engineer
- Nashua, NH
1. Develop and manage the scope, budget, and schedule of multiple plant rearrangement and production equipment installation projects from cradle to grave. Responsibilities include: project planning, design, bidding work to general contractors, building/executing and closing out the project. Projects range from $5,000 to over $15 million.
2. Design efforts include: develop requirements and prepare engineering plans and specifications by collecting data, formulating design, obtaining management acceptance, and developing into a completely engineered package. Design parameters include architectural, mechanical, electrical, vibration analysis, structural calculations, environmental and energy impact, etc. Many design aspects are completed in collaboration with other staff engineers and contract consultants.
3. Evaluate, select and coordinate activities of external consultants, contractors, and in-house specialties in the development and implementation of Corporate facilities programs.
5. On occasion, conduct major facility studies covering such recurring subjects as five (5) year plans, total energy generation, facility containment/contingency program, building management systems, major material and vendor studies, etc.
6. Assure Company compliance with all federal, state and applicable local codes such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), FEA, etc.
7. Provide an interface with external suppliers and contractors in order to assure acceptable, cost-effective construction programs.
8. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's Degree, preferably in mechanical, electrical or other facility infrastructure design and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience in project management.
Preferred Skills and Education
Certified Project Management Professional a plus.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top