Senior EW Systems Engineer
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is looking for an Electronic Warfare, EW, Systems Engineer that will be involved in developing, integrating and testing complex real time embedded electronic warfare systems. Motivated and positive minded engineers must hold an active United States security clearance and skilled in areas needed for cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. BAE Systems is focused on enhancing operational EW capabilities for a wide variety of platforms. Constituent to the EW objectives of improving air vehicle survivability and executing suppression and destruction of enemy air defenses, BAE Systems develops technology for RF sensing, signal processing, identification, detection, and geolocation of emitters.
This position will involve developing, integrating and testing new Electronic Warfare (EW) systems. In this position you will perform systems engineering functions such as developing and managing systems level requirements, developing operational systems concepts, performing system architecture trade studies, originating design concepts, and/or performing systems level integration and test for highly complex EW systems.
Responsibilities may include:
- Problem solving in a large real time complex EW system environment
- Requirement analysis / management for complex EW system
- Evaluate or develop complex system designs and architectures
- Develop Functional Performance and Qualification test plans and/or procedures
- Write Functional Performance and Qualification test reports
- Contribute to a major customer reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, and/or TRR)
- Perform system level integration and test of a complex EW system
- Verify and validate complex system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Hold and active DoD Secret clearance
- Leadership skills and experience mentoring engineers on complex programs
- System Architecture experience
- Requirements Management / Analysis experience
- Proficiency with various types of test equipment and software packages
- Defect Data Base tracking tools
- Ability to effectively document, communicate and work with a team on designs, results, reports and presentations
- Understanding of Radar and Missile System employment, capabilities and processing to include Electronic Counter-Countermeasures (ECCM)
- Experience with the development of onboard and/or offboard EA systems as it relates to platform survivability
- Knowledge of EW system hardware design as it relates to the detection and countering of radar and missile system engagements
- In-depth understanding of radar signal processing techniques including ECCM
- Understanding of radar operation and employment including cooperative engagements
- Understanding of RWR and SIGINT systems
- Familiar with digital signal processing concepts including FFT and DRFM
- Knowledge of advanced antenna technologies and performance
- Master's Degree in Science Preferably Engineering
- Familiar with DOD Acquisition process
- Reviews, develops and documents system level operational concepts and mission statement
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top