Senior ESS Test Engineer
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) has technology, engineering and program teams that educate and mentor colleagues to deliver leading Electronic Warfare capabilities. We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation, want to drive fielding velocity and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe.
BAE Systems is looking for Senior Test Engineers to join the Integrated Test Engineering (ITE) organization. ITE is a rapidly growing discipline within the Engineering organization with the mission to reliably deliver customer-focused, affordable test solutions which are integrated across all levels of production test. If you are energetic, forward thinking, want to make a difference in the workplace and work on exciting projects, this is the role for you.
• As an ITE Senior Test Engineer with an ESS focus, you will use your capabilities to assess requirements & generate test plans focused on Environmental Stress Screening. Design test solutions, tooling, and fixtures needed for Thermal and Mechanical Shock. Drive common test strategies and process improvements and to provide production test solutions needed for our Electronic Warfare (EW) products.These TPS will be developed for Test Stands, Test Equipment, and Software needed to provide In-Process (IP), Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) and Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) ranging from component to systems level analog, digital and RF products.
• ITE ESS Senior Test Engineers are responsible for designing test solutions and assess requirements to focus on Environmental Stress Screening. Additional responsibilities may include troubleshooting mechanical and electrical ESS issues, along with supporting ESS tests that are running, which may include mechanical vibration and shock testing. Also, you will supporting thermal chambers and burn-in oven processes and tests.
In this job you will apply your skills to solve some of our biggest challenges for fielded systems including state of the art radar warning, electronic support measures, broadband electronic attack, and electronic protection.
Join BAE and help us in our mission as "We protect those who protect us". We support our employees with a flexible 9/80 work schedule, technical training and career growth planning.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Experience in assessing requirements, generating test plans, designing solutions needed for Thermal Shock/ESS Tests in accordance to MIL-STD-810 & MIL-STD-883
• Background in Manufacturing Testing
• Experience with working with Operations
• Good communication skills including interpersonal communication and team communication
• Experience with Thermal Chambers, Mechanical Vibration Testing
• Experience with Test Procedure creation/writing
• Ability to troubleshoot Mechanical and Electrical Problems
• Experience with various test equipment such as: Power Supplies, Digital I/O, Oscilloscopes, Switch Matrices, DMMs, Counter/Timers, Thermal Controllers, from various manufacturers including Keysight, National Instruments, Ametek, Teradyne, Tektronix, Thermotron, Tenney, VTI
Preferred Skills and Education
• Experience with NI TestStand/CVI LabView
• Knowledge of Reliability Testing
• Background in Analog/RF testing
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top