Senior Engineer FPGA Lead / CAM
BAE Systems is seeking a Senior Engineer for the role of FPGA Lead / CAM
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
Our flexible work environment (for example a 9/80 work period with every other Friday off) provides a work life balance that afford you the opportunity to change the world while maintaining your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®".
Electronic Combat Solutions Hardware Engineering Group is seeking Electrical or Computer Engineering candidates that have leadership, project management, and CAM (Control Account Manager) experience on new development and/or established programs. This position is responsible for leading a small/medium sized team of FPGA Design and Verification engineers in the technical development and transition to product release of complex FPGA modules.
Role includes interfacing with program management to plan, prioritize, and status the execution of development efforts.
Must demonstrate strong technical aptitude, leadership, and communication skills. Must be able to lead small to mid-sized multidisciplinary hardware engineering teams through one or more phases of the hardware product lifecycle, including proposals, design, development, integration, test, and transition to production.
The position requires a U.S. person with the ability to obtain a minimum of Secret Clearance
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Detailed project planning and execution of all hardware or FPGA content, including cost, schedule, staffing and technical oversight.
- Lead a team of 6 - 15 multidisciplinary hardware personnel; including electrical engineers, FPGA engineers, and Verification engineers.
- Serve as the Project Manager / CAM for all FPGA content; manage weekly reporting of schedule and financial status, generate recovery plans for any schedule and cost variances and manage risk/opportunities and associated mitigation plans
- Coordinate with cross-functional disciplines, such as Program Management, Systems Engineering, Software, Integrated Test Engineering and Operations
- Participate in weekly Program Management Meetings
- Provide daily work direction to other employees on a regular basis. Mentor peers and more junior engineers in areas of expertise
- Interface, coordinate and negotiate with company personnel, customers and suppliers
- Support proposal efforts to capture new business
- Regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in technical areas. Exercise considerable judgment in determining objectives
- Exhibit strong team building and mentorship skills within the team environment
- Active DOD Security Clearance
- Demonstrated success managing all hardware engineering aspects of requirements definition, design, integration, test and delivery of complex hardware systems
- Prior Project Manager / Control Account Manager (CAM) experience, including managing earned value metrics, such as CPI and SPI
- PMP Certification and/or course work a plus
- Proficiency using MS Office and MS Project
- Experience with the design, build, integration and/or test of complex FPGA or ASIC designs
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top