Senior Electronic Warfare Systems Engineer EA/ESM
BAE Systems is developing systems in the Electronic Attack (EA) and Electronic Support Measures (ESM) domains of Electronic Warfare (EW). Motivated, challenge seeking, and positive minded chief engineers highly skilled in EA are needed for cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. BAE Systems is focused on enhancing operational EW capabilities for a wide variety of platforms. Constituent to the EW objectives of improving air vehicle survivability and executing suppression and destruction of enemy air defenses, BAE Systems develops technology for RF sensing, signal processing, identification, detection, and geolocation of emitters.
Duties and Responsibilities: This position will involve leadership opportunities, growth path to Chief Engineer, developing new EA techniques and ESM systems efforts for application in EW systems and performing systems engineering functions such as developing and managing systems level requirements, developing operational systems concepts, performing system architecture trade studies, originating design concepts or performing systems level integration and test for highly complex systems.
Responsibilities may include:
1. Leading a team of engineers (Hardware, Software, Systems, EE, etc.) on EA/ESM related programs.
2. Leads one of more of the following systems engineering functions:
a. Analyzes and develops EA techniques / ESM solutions to counter current and emerging threats to airborne platforms.
b. Reviews, develops and documents system level operational concepts and mission statements.
c. Develops and evaluates complex system designs and architectures.
d. Develops and analyzes mathematically complex and computationally intricate EA and geolocation algorithms.
e. Leads system level integration and test of EA/ESM systems.
f. Leads lab debug and analysis of EA techniques.
g. Verifies and validates complex system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
3. Supports proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
4. Estimating systems cost and schedules by reviewing statements of work for new and revised projects.
5. Preparing and deliver customer and technical presentations.
6. Will have extensive outside contact with customers, other contractors and government officials. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required Skills: Specific skills within the Electronic Attack (EA)/Electronic Support Measures (ESM) domains of Electronic Warfare (EW) to include:
- Bachelor Degree and 15+yrs experience / Masters Degree and 13+yrs experience.
- Leadership skills and experience directing and mentoring engineers on complex programs.
- Expertise in System Architectures
- Expertise in Radar and Missile System employment, capabilities and processing to include Electronic Protect (EP) formerly Electronic Counter-Countermeasures (ECCM).
- Expertise with the development of onboard and/or offboard EA systems as it relates to platform survivability.
- EW system hardware design knowledge as it relates to the detection and countering of radar and missile system engagements.
- Expert in radar signal processing techniques including EP.
- Expert in radar operation and employment including cooperative engagements.
- Expert in RWR and SIGINT systems.
- In depth understanding of digital signal processing concepts including FFT and DRFM
- RF / FPGA IV&V skills to include lab debug and analysis work.- Ability to analyze and model atmospheric propagation of RF signals.
- In depth knowledge of advanced antenna technologies and performance. Ability to model antenna impacts on received and transmitted signals. Understanding of antenna patterns, polarization, bandwidth, beamwidth etc.
- Expert in effectively documenting, communicating, leading and working with a team on designs, results, reports and presentations. Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Skills and Education: B.S. Electrical Engineering; Masters in Science, preferably Engineering.
Active United States security clearance, preferably Top Secret. About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top