Senior Electrical or Mechanical Engineer
The Electronic Systems’ Hardware Engineering Departments are seeking electrical and mechanical engineering candidates interested in supporting all aspects of the engineering development and manufacturing lifecycle. Selected applicants will begin their assignment in the engineering development organization and will transition into a 12-18 month rotation in a product or process engineering role supporting the onsite manufacturing of complex electro-mechanical systems.
Roles and Responsibilities may include:
- Provide engineering support to the design, development and selection of hardware components utilizing fundamental electrical or mechanical engineering principles, theories and techniques.
- Obtain working knowledge of company standard analysis and process tools. Perform analyses and compile data for investigation by senior engineering personnel.
- Support the fabrication and environmental testing of design hardware. Assist in the design and fabrication of prototype hardware. Document results.
- Support assemblers, technicians and inspectors for manufacturing issues on new and existing products.
- Develop or improve test fixtures, tooling, manufacturing processes and other procedures for new and existing product builds to reduce defects and improve yields.
- Lead process improvement teams. Apply Six Sigma tools to solve production problems and to improve existing processes. Use poke yoke principles to prevent production problems.
- Participate in and document corrective action requests using 9 Step problem solving methodology.
- Work with manufacturing, Quality and Program resources as needed to ensure product and documentation is compliant for sell-off.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering and 5+ years related experience
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering and 3+ years related experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
Preferred Skills and Education Active (or active within the past two years) Security clearance
Experience in any of the following is a PLUS:
- Analog, digital, or RF circuit design
- Experience testing and troubleshooting circuits
- Cadence Allegro for schematic capture and PCB design
- Ability to read schematics
- C, C++, Perl, Labview experience
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and perform tolerance assessments
- Basic thermal / dynamic analysis experience
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top