Senior Electrical Engineer Weekend Nights
This position is for the weekend night shift (8th shift) Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 12:00pm to 12:00am. Start time is flexible from 12:00am to 3:00pm. You will work 36 hours and be paid for 40 hours.
BAE Systems is looking for a senior level Electrical Engineer to support microwave manufacturing factories. Successful performance will require driving manufacturing and product improvements, production problem resolution and integrated solutions into a lean manufacturing environment.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Tasks require the ability to isolate and resolve product related issues due to hardware and process related defects. The tasks also include validating test measurement accuracy, characterizing the performance of the unit under test and conducting data/trend analysis. The individual will develop and train test technicians on failure analysis techniques. The individual will work in a production environment supporting microwave factories.
Additional responsibilities include working with suppliers and design teams to ensure designs are producible and maintainable.
Successful performance will require identifying manufacturing and test improvements, production problem resolutions and integrating solutions into a lean manufacturing environment. The individual must be able to provide direction to operations test personnel. The individual will work in office spaces and production environment supporting factories.
- Strong familiarity with manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of electronic test and manufacturing techniques
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Highly motivated with strong oral and written communications skills
- Must be capable of conforming to a structured problem solving approach
- Demonstrated time management, task tracking, organizational skills, and ability to read, understand, and follow requirements
- Familiar with the control of hardware through software interfaces (automated test sequence)
- Familiarity with RF and digital instrumentations (i.e. network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and signal sources)
- Advanced computer skills including MS-Office applications
- Familiarity with functional test procedure development and maintenance
- Experience in conducting design of experiments
- Experience with RF and digital test and measurement techniques
- Experience working in defense contract manufacturing or equivalent environment
- Experience with manufacturing screening processes
Must be eligible for a DoD security clearance.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top