Senior Electrical Engineer - Space Systems EOIR
BAE Systems is looking for experienced engineering professionals to join our established and rapidly expanding Space Systems Product Line in Hudson, NH and Manassas, VA. We are a premier provider of advanced high-reliability space payloads, electronics, sensors and subsystems with products that have enabled a wide variety of civil, commercial, and national security space missions for over 25 years. We are leading the way in the development of advanced optical sensors and laser communication solutions that enable our customers to deliver new mission capabilities to address evolving challenges and threats.
The Space Systems product line is seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to support advanced circuit board designs for electro-optical space applications. We are looking for talented and motivated engineers for cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. Candidates should have a strong background in circuit design and familiarity with a variety of component types including image sensors, A/D converters, FPGAs, and memory. The ideal candidate will have prior experience designing for the high reliability space environment.
This position offers an incredible opportunity for a talented engineer to joining a challenging and growing business with numerous career growth opportunities.
- Requirement Definition/Evaluation
- Specification/Design Documentation
- Schematic Capture
- Design Analysis ensuring full compliance to specifications and applicable guidelines
- Test Support
- Customer Support
More info is available at: http://www.baesystems.com/space
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Eligibility to obtain and hold a DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of mechanical, electrical, and systems engineers.
- Experience designing electronic assemblies from conception through fabrication
- Experience with circuit analysis including de-rating, logic compatibility, timing and signal integrity analysis
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Able to work effectively in a multi-site or "borderless" environment
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance
- Experience designing complex, high density printed boards for space applications
- Proficiency with Cadence
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top