Senior Electrical Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a senior level Electrical Engineer to provide design, integration, test and maintenance support for military Weapon Systems programs. The qualified candidate will join an engineering team specializing in cutting edge product development that supports complex naval and advanced weapon systems.
The Senior Electrical Engineer applies wide application of engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, and techniques to create, plan, and perform a variety of complex design, development, analysis, experimentation, test, and/or product assurance tasks. Independently conducts specialized technical analyses, solves difficult technical problems and contributes to the development/enhancement of engineering models. Develops programs to enhance, implement, and support assigned technical effort. Conducts technical studies for complex engineering/scientific problems and provides advanced, specialized assistance to project leaders in a variety of tasks including development of product specifications, documents, and/or test procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Leads technical development efforts utilizing a cross functional team consisting of electrical, systems, mechanical, software & controls engineers
- Develops, writes, and approves technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations
- Ensures technical designs and/or solutions are in accordance with applicable engineering standards, military specifications, and product requirements by analyzing and interpreting requirements/specifications, drawings, documentation, and/or test results.
- Prepares and presents task/project technical results, recommendations and solutions to internal and external customers
- Provides input and status to project leaders on technical content, cost, schedule, and workload requirements.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers to resolve complex technical problems, market division's products/technology, and implement solutions.
- Provides technical review and guidance to other engineers/scientist in area of expertise.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of industry practices, trends, and applications.
- Develop complex circuit design, analysis, and evaluation
- Lead development of electronic enclosure design and packaging
- Firmware design
- Supporting integration and test of the systems at BAE facilities and Government test sites
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field of study from an accredited University.
- 5+ years related work experience.
- A very high level of analytical ability to solve basic technical design/development problems.
- Ability to apply advanced engineering design and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques, and practices to a wide portion of a technical project to test or evaluate a specific property or characteristic of a product, or to support research and development projects.
- Proficient use of FPGAs in digital circuit card designs of embedded applications.
- Experience operating electrical engineering tools, such as MATLAB, PSpice, Labview, Cadence (OrCAD), Mentor Graphics.
- Experience with DC Servo control systems, DSPs, and FPGAs.
- Experience with IR sensors and image recognition.
- Good verbal and written communications skills
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair...just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top