Senior Electrical Engineer / Computer Engineer
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems. Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
Given our continued growth, we have immediate roles available for a highly motivated Senior Electrical Engineer or Computer Engineer to join our Production Support and Sustainment team. In this role, you will have a chance to grow your skills supporting the continued sustainment of various complex microwave, digital and analog circuit card assemblies, and subsystems and the test stands that validate them. The Engineer will be responsible to support hardware, firmware and test stand debug and will be responsible for creating/modifying test stand software and hardware to reduce test escapes, support new product introductions and to manage test stand obsolescence.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with cutting-edge hardware fielded on the most advanced Military Platforms.
Activities day to day will vary and may include:
- Supporting the debug of complex circuit card assemblies and subsystems
- Updating test stand software to resolve test issues
- Updating / Integrating test stand Hardware and Software upgrades
- Mentoring entry level engineers and technicians
- Supporting product yield and affordability improvements
- Supporting the transition to production of new products
- Working in partnership with a cross functional team to ensure on time deliveries of quality products to support the War Fighter.
If you are looking to be immersed in a myriad of new technical challenges, this role is for you!
At BAE Systems, we thrive in a diverse and dynamic team oriented environment with principles of respect and trust. Our engineers interact with colleagues and peers of various disciplines and backgrounds to arrive at innovative solutions to problems. We encourage collaboration and foster an environment of knowledge sharing and continuous learning. Take the first step towards achieving your career goals with us and apply today!
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 4+ years' experience supporting test and debug of circuit card assemblies or electrical systems
- Experience developing software using National Instruments Test Stand or Lab Windows/CVI
- FPGA based circuit card assembly debug
- Motivated self-starter with leadership potential and ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability.
- Ability to close on discrete tasking in a timely manner and lead others to closure - Own the Design
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills.
- Active or previously held Secret Clearance HIGHLY PREFERRED
- Active Secret Clearance HIGHLY PREFERRED
- Experience working with common electrical test stand equipment including Power Supplies, Oscilloscopes, Electronic Loads, Spectrum Analyzers, and Pulse Function Generators.
- Experience developing JTAG boundary scans
- E xperience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience gathering and analyzing test data to assess trends and develop yield improvement plans
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top