Senior Electrical Engineer
Be part of BAE Systems' FAST Labs - the research and development arm of BAE Systems' Electronic Systems sector where we help solve some of the United States' most critical defense and intelligence problems by innovating technologies in multiple disciplines that create industry leading capabilities for today's military.
FAST Labs is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer. The individual will be working on in a team environment producing digital electronics used in various applications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Design and architecture of complex digital subsystems in support of next generation technologies and products. This includes the initial system conceptual design, prototyping, manufacturing, validation and test. Ability to map complex algorithms into FPGAs for applications in the fields of digital signal processing and digital image processing. Design and test of high speed digital PCBs and hardware.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- U.S. Citizenship and a Top Secret security clearance is required
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in a team environment with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a technical discipline and 3+ years' experience.
- Demonstrated experience in product design and development.
- Solid fundamentals of digital/analog/mixed signal electronics, and high speed interface standards.
- Experience in the design, test, debug and fielding of FPGAs
- Knowledge of VHDL / Verilog and HDL Coder
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado or Quartus toolset
- Experience with Questasim Simulators
- Experience with Matlab / Simulink
- Strong laboratory experience with instrumentation, equipment and processes.
- Motivated individual with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Working experience with lasers, sensors or RF technologies
- Working experience of interface standards including PCIe, Ethernet and military/avionics communication buses.
- Matlab/ Simulink toolset experience
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top