Senior Electrical Engineer
BAE Systems in Merrimack, NH is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer. The individual will be working on in a team environment producing digital electronics used in various applications. Be a part of FAST Labs - the research and development arm of BAE Systems' Electronic Systems sector
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in
the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our
differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to
change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We
Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to
be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Responsibilities in this role include but are not limited to:
- Design and architecture of complex digital subsystems in support of next generation technologies and products.
- Initial system conceptual design, prototyping, manufacturing, validation and test.
- Ability to map complex algorithms into FPGAs for applications in the fields of digital signal processing and digital image processing.
- Design and test of high speed digital PCBs and hardware.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- U.S. Citizenship and a Top Secret security clearance is required
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in a team environment with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a technical discipline and 3+ years' experience.
- Demonstrated experience in product design and development.
- Solid fundamentals of digital/analog/mixed signal electronics, and high speed interface standards.
- Experience in the design, test, debug and fielding of FPGAs
- Knowledge of VHDL / Verilog and HDL Coder
- Experience with Matlab / Simulink
- Strong laboratory experience with instrumentation, equipment and processes.
- Motivated individual with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Working experience with lasers, sensors or RF technologies
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado or Quartus toolset
- Experience with Questasim Simulators
- Working experience of interface standards including PCIe, Ethernet and military/avionics communication buses.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top