Senior Director, Contracts (Weapon Systems)
This position will lead the Contracts function for the Weapon Systems Business, one of four major Business Units within the Platforms and Services Sector. Position requires a highly organized candidate with strong leadership, management and communication skills to establish and maintain an environment of contracts expertise. The selected candidate will provide leadership to the functional organization, support the development and growth of employees, develop a vision for the function and support and make recommendations on the overall strategy for the business, provide business advice to the VP/GM and ensure the interests of the company are protected. This position reports directly to the VP, Contracts for the P&S Sector with a dual reporting responsibility to the Business Unit VP/GM.
Responsibilities will include:
• Management and leadership of the Business Unit Contracts organization
• Development, implementation, and maintenance of Contracts policies and procedures, including ensuring adequate policies are in place to ensure compliance.
• Responsible for managing the growth and development of the next generation Contracts managers and leaders within the business unit.
• Oversee proposal activities, such as negotiations, pricing and proposal development, including developing cost/price and teaming strategies.
• Responsible for conducting and coordinating proposal reviews within the Business Unit and with Sector and Corporate as required.
• Responsible for preparation, review and pre-approval of strategic alliances and other business agreements prior to requesting Sector approval
• Interface with key government contracting and procurement officials as required and/or needed.
• Acts as the Weapon Systems functional interface to the Sector VP, Contracts.
• Manage all employment actions including but not limited to: hiring, promoting, training, performing reviews, planning merit increases, and succession planning.
• Responsible for keeping staff informed, motivated, and working efficiently.
• Responsible for keeping senior management informed.
• Ensure competitive position is maintained and enhanced; support all new business opportunities;
• Support acquisition, due diligence, and integration activities, as required
• Work with the Business Unit Vice President/General Manager and other functions to develop strategies for new business opportunities.
• Set and manage the business unit functional budget for Contracts.
• Lead and/or provide assistance on special projects and initiatives, and perform other duties as required.
• Support Sector and corporate functional councils as required.
Must have the following:
• United States Citizenship
• Bachelor's degree and 15 years of related experience.
• Functional Management experience at the senior management level
• International and US Government contracting experience
• Significant Proposal Preparation experience
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Fluency in Fixed Price/Cost Type Contracting
Fluency in Payment Types
Senior Acquisition Relationship Building within Army, Navy, DCMA, DCAA and International communities
Leadership of Contracts professionals including senior managers
Preferred Skills and Education
Extensive working knowledge of Army, Navy, FMS and Foreign Direct Prime Contracting
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top