Senior Designer (Mechanical/Electrical )
BAESystems in looking for a Senior Designer to provide Electrical Packaging design,integration, test, and maintenance for multiple Weapon Systems programs. The SeniorDesigner will develop packaging solutions for various electrical products.Effort will range from conceptual design to full detail development and drawingcreation. This position required experience packaging electrical components,panel/cabinet design, internal wire routing and connections, and mechanicalmounting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates,electrical cabinet and panel designs, develop conceptual solutions, performrudimentary mechanical analysis, and mature selected design to a full technicaldrawing package in preparation of manufacturing activities.
- Appliesdesign and/or analytical theory, principles, techniques and practices to aportion of a technical project.
- Appliesbasic knowledge of the design of organization’s products and technology tosolve moderately complex and clearly defined engineering problems. Selects thebest method or process from among several existing alternatives.
- Developsconceptual component, subassembly, and assembly models using Pro/e based onperformance requirements and design constraints.
- Evaluatesdurability and structural adequacy of electronics cabinets, enclosures, andmounting structures, including hand calculation and minimally complex FEAstudies.
- Developswiring harnesses and wire routings designs for moderately complex electricalpanels and boxes.
- Createdetail technical data package drawings and specification, include machiningdrawings, weld drawings, components, source and specifications drawings,subassembly and assembly drawings.
- Developand manage interface control models and drawings for both mechanical andelectrical interfaces.
- Developsand writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation,and provides input to technical papers or presentations. May deliver technicalpresentations.
- Providesinput to project leaders for the development of project plans, schedules, andbudgets.
- Maintainsup-to-date knowledge of relevant industry practices, trends, and applications.
- Maintainsa safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives andpolicies and rules.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education · Proficient
using CAD modeling tools, especially Pro/e Wildfire
of electrical components, electrical and mechanical interfaces
in the detail design of complex electrical enclosures and cabinets
designer skills maturing developmental concepts
to production ready products
at wire routing and provisioning within complex electronic cabinets
- Knowledgeable of Human Factor requirements in the use and maintenance of equipment.
to work within an Integrated Product Development Team
Preferred Skills and Education · Shock
and vibration analysis skills
understand of metal types and material properties, coatings, and plating
engineering experience with relevant applications in a defense environment.
with relevant military and commercial design standards.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top