Senior Data Management Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a self-motivated and experienced candidate to support the Lead System Integrator (LSI) located at the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR), Systems Center Pacific (SSC PAC) in San Diego, CA. The LSI is looking for support with planning, design, development, integration, and testing of Distributed Common Ground System – Navy (DCGS-N) increment 2 Fleet Capability Releases which will be developed using Agile software methodologies under the direction of the Government.
The LSI Senior Data Management Engineer shall provide support by assisting in reviewing and analyzing requirements and architectural models. Tasks will include assisting in studies related to DCGS-N, Inc 2 implementations and capabilities with regard to architecture designs and changes that may be driven by external interfaces , developments by other programs, insertion of new technologies, and afloat/ashore network requirements. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Bachelor’s degree in Technical, Engineering, or Computer Information Systems related degree required or equivalent related work experience.
- Knowledge of unified and system modeling languages in support of baseline architecture development.
- Ability to map system architecture to develop activities/user stories during the scrum process.
- Proficient in system wide design decisions.
- Knowledge of Dept of Defense architecture framework views.
- Ability to allocate system requirements to software components.
- Knowledge of Modular Open Systems Architecture design.
- Self-starter with ability to multitask.
- Team player with a proactive attitude.
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Preferred Skills and Education -Knowledge system data flow, deployment, and functional architecture diagrams.
- Knowledge of DCGS-N systems.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top