Senior Cybersecurity Principal
BAE Systems is seeking a senior Cybersecurity Analyst to serve as an Information System Security Manager (ISSM) in support of the Air Force's Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system. This is a long-term program which is anticipated to remain operational until 2075.
This position will work with Information System Security Officers (ISSO), Program Managers (PM), and Authorizing Official (AO) representatives to obtain and maintain Authority to Operate (ATO) approvals for various ICBM weapon subsystems and supporting IT systems by adhering to the Risk Management Framework (RMF). This includes system categorization and control identification, implementation, and assessment. This position is responsible for cybersecurity efforts throughout the RMF for one or more assigned programs(s) to include the development of System Security Plans, resolution of Plans of Action and Milestones, review of system audits, and monitoring of corrective actions.
The successful candidate will be energetic, self-motivated, and have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment with the desire to make a difference. Knowledge and experience working with the DoD's Cybersecurity processes, DIACAP and/or the Risk Management Framework (RMF), is required.
- Serves as cybersecurity technical advisor, consultant, and primary point of contact to the Authorizing Official (AO), Program Manager (PM), and Information System Owner (ISO)
- Fulfills the ISSM responsibilities defined in DoD Instructions 8500.01 and 8510.01, AFI17-101 Risk Management Framework (RMF) for the Air Force Information Technology (IT), and the "DoD Program Manager's Guidebook for Integrating the Cybersecurity Risk Management Framework (RMF) into the System Acquisition Lifecycle"
- Ensure cybersecurity is integrated throughout the lifecycle of IT systems; this includes the development and review of cybersecurity-related artifacts, including System Security Plans, Cyber Security Strategies, Cybersecurity Impact Assessments, policies, plans, and procedures
- Perform or review Security Impact Assessments for configuration changes and facilitate approval or disapproval of changes with the AO and PM
- Support, coordinate, and continuously monitor system security posture and ensure adverse events are formally handled and reported to the AO
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Previous experience as an ISSM using the RMF (or DIACAP) or experience as an ISSO who is ready to assume ISSM responsibilities
- CISSP or equivalent certification per DoD Directive 8570.1 or ability to obtain such within 6 months of being hired
- Bachelor's Degree (typically Computer Science, Information Technologies, Data Processing, etc.) and 7 or more years cybersecurity or IT work experience (education requirement may be waived for equivalent experience)
- Experience or knowledge of computer networks, components, system protocols, COTS technology, and software development
- Experience developing external customer relationships and ability to communicate cybersecurity concepts and requirements with senior leaders
- Ability to obtain Top Secret security clearance
- Effective organizational, time management, and communications skills (written and verbal)
- 3-4+ years experience in cybersecurity and/or Information Assurance
- Experience as ISSO/ISSM, cybersecurity assessments, and risk and control assessments
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in Cybersecurity or Information Technology related fields
- An active and fully-adjudicated Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret
- General understanding of computer networks, hardware, databases, applications, security components, computer operations, and operating system maintenance
- Understanding of the DoD environment and familiarity with the DoD Acquisition System
The ability to mediate differing perspectives and develop consensus relating to cybersecurity principles and regulations; ability to build bridges across organizational boundaries and the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical leaders across large complex organizations
- An individual with high integrity and capable of building strong, trusting relationships
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top