Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer to serve as an Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) in support of the Air Force's Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system. This is a long-term program which is anticipated to remain operational until 2075.
This position will work with the Program Manager (PM) and Information System Security Manager (ISSM) to design cybersecurity into the system and support development of Risk Management Framework (RMF) Authority to Operate (ATO) packages. This includes working with Systems Engineering, IT Architects, and the Cybersecurity team in the assessment of cybersecurity controls, identification of vulnerabilities, development and implementation of mitigation plans, security impact assessments, and documentation of findings. The position reviews architecture and configuration information, performs testing and analysis, reviews assessments to validate established security requirements, recommends additional security controls and safeguards, supports the formal testing required by government accrediting authorities, and prepares RMF documentation. This position also helps manage security devices, supports Red Team, Pen Testing and Table Top assessments to identify threats, risks, and vulnerabilities to the system.
The successful candidate will be energetic, self-motivated, and have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment with the desire to make a difference. Knowledge and experience with system testing, Red Teaming, Penetration testing, and the DoD's Cybersecurity processes (DIACAP and/or the Risk Management Framework (RMF)) is a plus.
- Performs duties as an Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) for maintaining the appropriate operational security posture for an information system or program.
- Assists the PM/Architect/ISSM in refining cybersecurity requirements, integrating requirements into system designs, assessing changes for risks to the system, evaluating system security posture, and obtaining/maintaining an ATO.
- Assess gaps in security and identify solutions to mitigate risk, including business processes, technical controls, and policy improvements.
- Assist in the development of security policies, plans, and procedures to meet government regulations and industry best practices.
Build collaborative internal relationships with program and project teams, as well as external relationships with customers, regulatory bodies, other agencies and business partners.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree (typically Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Technologies, etc.) and 7 years directly related work experience (education requirement may be waived for equivalent experience)
- CISSP, CASP, Security+ or equivalent certification per DoD Directive 8570.1 or ability to obtain such within 6 months of being hired
- Knowledge of computer networks, components, system protocols, and COTS technology
- Ability to obtain DoD Top Secret security clearance
- Demonstrate effective communications skills in both writing and verbally
- ISSE, ISSM, ISSO or other relevant cybersecurity experience
- Experience with security evaluations, risk and control assessments, Red Teaming, Penetration Testing, Cyber Table Tops
- Degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, or Information Technology fields
- Strong understanding of computer networks, hardware, databases, applications, security components, computer operations, and operating system maintenance
- Technical skills/certifications with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems, Intrusion Detection/Intrusion Prevention (IDS/IPS) systems, Forensics Toolkit (FTK), Kali Linux, or other similar systems
- Understanding of the DoD environment and familiarity with government agency reviews and audits
- The ability to mediate differing perspectives and develop consensus relating to cybersecurity principles and regulations. Ability to build bridges across organizational boundaries and the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical persons in management across large complex organizations
- An individual with high integrity and capable of building strong, trusting relationships
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top