Senior Cybersecurity Analyst
BAE Systems is seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst in support of the Air Force's next-generation Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system. This will be a long-term project with the weapon system anticipated to remain operational until 2075 - you can contribute to a critical initiative that will provide protection through deterrence for generations yet to come!
This position will work with cybersecurity Integrated Product Teams (IPT) to develop Risk Management Framework (RMF) Authority to Operate (ATO) packages, assess impacts of vulnerabilities, develop and implement mitigation plans, and document findings. The position performs testing to validate established security requirements, recommends additional security requirements and safeguards, supports the formal testing required by government accrediting authorities, prepares System Security Plans, updates Plans of Action and Milestones, reviews system audits, and monitors corrective actions until actions are closed.
This position is part of a matrixed organization and has responsibility for ensuring that appropriate policies, standards, procedures, and automated mechanisms are developed and designed to appropriately protect the security of information are documented, implemented, and followed to ensure long-term consistency.
The Cybersecurity team supports compliance assessment and monitoring for current and future weapon systems, government IS and commercial IS.
The successful candidate will be energetic, self-motivated, and have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment with the desire to make a difference. Knowledge of the DoD's Cybersecurity processes (DIACAP and/or the Risk Management Framework (RMF)) is a plus.
- Assume responsibility as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for maintaining the appropriate operational security posture for an information system or program.
- Assist various program teams in capturing and refining information protection requirements, integrating those requirements into system designs, ensuring program compliance with government requirements, and obtaining an Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Validate that activities and controls enacted to secure information are continually assessed. Evaluate gaps in security and identify solutions to mitigate risk, including business processes, technical controls, or policy improvements.
- Support planning and engagement efforts for organizational security evaluations, systems analyses, security architecture reviews, and so forth.
- Development of security and privacy policies (in conjunction with IT governance and other policy development groups) that embody industry best practices.
Build collaborative internal relationships with program and project teams, as well as external relationships with customers, regulatory bodies, other agencies and business partners.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree plus 8 years relevant experience (3 years experience may be waived for qualified candidates)
- Knowledge of computer networks, components, system protocols, and COTS technology
- Security clearance
- Demonstrated effective communications skills, both writing and verbal
- 8 years experience in Information Security and Information Technology (3 years experience may be waived for qualified candidates)
- Experience with security evaluations, risk and control assessments
- BS in Cybersecurity-related field
- General understanding of computer networks, hardware, databases, applications, security components, computer operations, and operating system maintenance
- Technical certifications such as Security+, CISSP, CEH, OSCP or similar certifications
- Understanding of the DoD environment and familiarity with government agency reviews and audits
- The ability to mediate contentious situations and develop consensus. Ability to build bridges across organizational boundaries and the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical persons in management across a large, complex organizations
- An individual with high integrity and capable of building strong, trusting relationships
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top