Senior Cyber Security Tools Expert
We are seeking a senior Cyber Network Defense (CND) tools support person to perform technical work as part of an integrated team of CND SMEs supporting the DoD's JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) deployment activities. JRSS is a multi-year, global effort to improve the DoD's security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities and analytics by centralizing and virtualizing network security into regional stacks rather than locally distributed appliances. This position is responsible for providing configuration, implementation, configuration and ongoing performance enhancement work for CND tools including: ArcSight, Tipping Point, Fidelis, SourceFire, Fidelis, and Niksun devices installed in the JRSS environment. Candidate does not need to be an expert in all tools but should have significant experience with several and a general understanding of most.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Good knowledge of TCP/IP communications.
• General knowledge of router and firewall functionality on a network.
• Familiarity with the MS Office tool suite.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to appropriately present highly technical material to both technical and non-technical audiences
• U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance is required. In addition, must be able to successfully obtain up to Top Secret based on requirements from the customer and program.
• DoD 8570 IAT2 certification is required
• Significant experience with one or more of the CND tools in the JRSS cyber suite:
o Fidelis DLP and MDE
o Tipping Point
o ELK tools
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 12 or more years' experience; or 10 years' experience with a related Master's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience as a network intrusion analyst or Security Operations Center analyst.
- Experience configuring and maintaining tools in a multi-tenant environment.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top