Senior Contracts Manager
Lead an award winning, dynamic and growing team of Contracts professionals that provides mission critical capabilities across a growing and diverse portfolio of customers including; the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense and a myriad of international customers. This opportunity offers a motivated professional a unique chance to lead a growth oriented contracts team within the Space Systems Product Line of BAE Systems Electronic Systems Sector.
Lead and guide the activities of a talented team of Contracts professionals in a high intensity, team-based environment with a winning culture that provides an opportunity to collaborate daily with the Business Development, Engineering and Finance teams. As the Sr. Contracts Manager, you will directly interface with customers in order to shape and close business opportunities in concert with internal objectives. Work products and interactions will be at the highest levels within the organization, from your Space Systems Contracts team including the Director of Contracts, to the Space Systems leadership team and across the entire billion dollar C4ISR Business Area.
Daily responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues as well as an understanding and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact with the team to gather, interpret, analyze and present information.
- Compliance with Company policies and procedures, legal, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Ability to establish and managing negotiation strategies that meet and/or exceed financial expectations.
- High level of business acumen with the ability to provide guidance to Program Management teams on international, government and commercial contracting methods for products and services while protecting Intellectual Property.
- Ability to maintain professional and dependable internal relationships within BAE Systems along with strong reliable relationships with external customers throughout the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community.
- Demonstrable experience working with numerous nontraditional contract types to include GSA schedules, IDIQ vehicles, and BAA's.
Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of work experience or 14 years of experience in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Education
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of experience or 14 years in lieu of degree.
- Active Secret clearance.
- FAR/DFAR knowledge and experience.
- Experience with software licenses, End User License Agreements (EULA) including Open Source Software (OSS).
- GSA Schedules and schedule management.
- Strong knowledge of Intellectual Property law and policies.
- Experience with agreements to support sales and engineering development teams (ex. NDAs, bailment agreements, distributor agreements and/or reseller agreements).
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
- Active Top Secret clearance.
- Experience with commercial contracting, intellectual property and GSA Schedules.
- Advanced Degree (Master's Degree or Juris Doctorate).
- Professional Certification (NCMA, IACCM).
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top