Senior Contracts Manager
Join a dynamic and growing Contracts team that provides Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) and Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) capabilities across a growing and diverse portfolio of customers within the US and Internationally. This opportunity is to lead the section of the Contracts team for the Communications & Navigation Systems (CNS) products offered by both BAE Systems and a BAE Systems joint venture company. This Contracts Manager role will allow for a unique chance to work across a broad range of contracting activities that supports several different Product lines within the New Jersey sites of Wayne, New Jersey and Totowa, New Jersey.
Develop your career and grow your skills in a high intensity, team-based environment with a winning culture. As the Contracts Manager, you will also work with customers to shape and close business opportunities in concert with internal objectives for the CNS Product Line in Wayne, with support to the Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) product line contracts that are managed out of Totowa and Wayne, New Jersey. Work products and interactions will be at multiple levels, from your Contracts team, to the CNS, and C4ISR leadership teams.
Daily responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues as well as an understanding and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Management of personnel, their workloads and their development plans for future growth.
- Ability to interact with the team to gather, interpret, analyze, develop recommended strategies and present information.
- Compliance with Company policies and procedures, legal, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Prepare, negotiate and manage complex proposals/contracts across international and domestic environments.
- Provide guidance to Programs, Engineering Product Development teams on international, government and commercial contracting methods for military equipment while protecting our Intellectual Property rights.
- Cross functional collaboration with Program Management, Product Development, Finance, Operations and Export teams.
Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or 14 years of experience in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of experience or 14 years of experience in lieu of degree
- FAR/DFAR knowledge and experience
- Strong knowledge of intellectual property and policies
- Experience with agreements to support business development, program management and engineering development teams (ex. NDAs, bailment agreements, distributor agreements and/or reseller agreements)
- Experience of dealing with the US Government through its various organizations (Ex, USAF, Army, Navy, DCMA, DCAA etc.)
- Experience with the Teaming process and the creation of Software Licensing Agreements
- Experience with International Customers
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top